Why It Matters
Because treatment-resistant breast cancers:
- Account for more than 25% of all breast cancer deaths.
- Do not respond to traditional therapies.
- Are more likely to recur than other breast cancers.
- Disproportionately affect premenopausal women, leaving young children without a mother.
- Do not receive adequate funding from the National Institute of Health.
- Support the University of Florida research team working right now to eradicate these cancers!
- Put monies raised locally to work locally!
- Involve the Gainesville community in stopping these insidious cancers!
- Keep another young child from losing his/her mother!
- Improve the outcome for patients with treatment-resistant breast cancer!